Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Prescott Windows; Day 2

I’m sure my students will secretly delight in the fact that my glass cutting skills today were off kilter! For some odd reason, I could not hit the mark and spent far more time at the grinder than I prefer. (Those in the glass crafting know, who know me, know I HATE grinding!) A few of the pieces still need a little tweaking but they will fit in just fine. If not, I’ll recut them. This lack of cutting prowess made my progress today less than desired. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a little wine and a good night sleep will restore my normally accurate cutting abilities.

You’ll notice that I’m still avoiding cutting anything around the hummingbird. I'll get to him soon enough. I cut some of the green and blue toward the center (right side of the left panel), the other coneflower in this panel and the petals of the yellow daisy. I am loving all the colors in this project! They are showing up pretty vibrant in the pictures, laying flat against a white piece of paper makes them more two dimensional and darker than they will actually look with air and light behind them.

No comments: