Saturday, May 15, 2010

Berkheimer Transom; Custom Stained Glass


Now that I've finished with the Burvis cabinet doors, it's time to move on to the Berkheimer transom. I'm not planning on setting a true deadline for this piece, I think I can get it done in a few days... let's see how that works out! All kidding aside, I'd like to be done with it by Wednesday and I plan to work on it everyday until it is done. I'll be leaving for Kansas on Friday to help my grandfather celebrate his 90th birthday, so I'd like it to be done in plenty of time for me to take my trip.


This piece is going to be leaded, which is a different construction method than the last project. I find that leaded pieces tend to go together faster for some reason. The glass is a mixture of Spectrum Artique, Spectrum Rough Rolled and Wissmach English Muffle with a 1.5" clear faceted jewel in the center of each column. Awesome color combination chosen by the client.
I'll finish cutting tomorrow and then start leading on Monday.

No comments: