Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Another Custom Stained Glass Transom


Day 2; Today went somewhat better.  I really wanted to have all the leads in place before leaving today.  One thing I've learned... when I start struggling to get the pieces to fit right, it's time to walk away and pick it up tomorrow.  It is coming together nicely though.



DAY 1
5/27/2010; Today I started on a transom panel for a Nashville couple. This panel is an original design, measures approximately 15" x 33" and will be installed in an interior doorway open transom. The center circle will be a 2" amber faceted jewel.
I was making really good time… notice the word "WAS". I pulled the red glass I had ordered for this piece and realized it was the wrong glass. I double checked the invoice to see if I had ordered the wrong glass. I had not. The company sent me 152W rather than the 151W I had ordered. I am very disappointed in Delphi. I have ordered from them several times in the last 6 months and there has been something wrong with each order. This is pretty much the proverbial straw… I won't be ordering from them again. Luckily, Armstrong in Georgia had some 151W and is shipping it to me today. I always get their shipments the next day, Chris and Mike are awesome!
Then I discovered that the light amber glass I was using for this panel was a shade off, actually the medium amber. Grrr. I think I have the correct glass at home, I hope I have the correct glass at home! What is it with my glass being a shade off today?
So… I cut the clear rough rolled, measured and cut my zinc to size, set up the layout and leaded what I could until the rest of the glass gets here tomorrow.


No comments: